Entrants in the Esquimalt Celebration of Lights Santa Claus Parade which takes place in Esquimalt, BC Canada agree(s) to waive and release any and all rights of claim for damage against the Esquimalt Celebration of Lights Committee, the Corporation of the Township of Esquimalt, the sponsors of the Santa Claus Parade, and any volunteers in anyway associated with the parade for any and all injuries and damages caused to or by me, the entrant.
Entrants further agree to abide by the rules and regulations governed by the Esquimalt Celebration of Lights Santa Claus Parade.
Entrants understand that the Celebration of Lights Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry at their discretion.
*Entry deadline is Dec 2nd 2019
All entries must carry a minimum $1,000,000 general liability insurance that covers the time period of the Parade.
**Coverage must include The Esquimalt Celebration of Lights, its Committee and volunteers, and the Township of Esquimalt as “additional insured” on the policy**.
An entry cannot be made without proof of insurance attached.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure the following mechanical and safety regulation are adhered to:
1. Good driver visibility and ventilation, brakes in good working order, unit serviced with fuel, oil, water etc.
2. Good communication system between driver and persons riding on float.
3. Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and be a competent float driver. Drivers suspected of being impaired will not be allowed in the parade.
4. Exhaust systems: muffler must be clear of running gear, exhaust pipe wrapped in a Non-combustible substance.
5. A fire extinguisher must be carried on all floats.
6. Decorations must be fire retardant-open flames displays are prohibited.
7. Seat belts must be worn by persons seated or standing on units.
8. Float personnel, including driver must have an easy disembarking route.
9. Those entrants with cannons or vintage firearms are requested to use reasonable discretion when firing ie: velocity and repetition.
1. No one under 6 years of age is permitted to march in the parade unless accompanied by an adult.
2. THROWING candy or promotional items/materials, of any form or substance from parade units is ***STRICTLY PROHIBITED. *** but handing out is allowed.
Failure to adhere to this rule is ample cause for immediate ejection from the parade and possible entry denial to future parades.***
Participants can WALK along and safely hand out items to the spectators.
3. While on parade, units must proceed in a forward direction. Stopping is prohibited unless approved by the Parade Marshall.
4. The Parade Marshall has the authority to reject any entry which does not comply with the parade regulations of the Celebration of Lights Committee.
5. All entrants must be at the set-up area no later than 4:00 pm. Bands, marching groups and children groups must be in place no later than 4:30 pm.
6. Entrants shall be responsible for the removal of their float or vehicle. In the event of a breakdown, the unit shall be quickly moved from the line of march and towed from the parade route at no cost to the Parade Committee or sponsor.
7. During the parade, entries must maintain a spacing of no less than 40 feet (2 car lengths) and no more than 80 feet (4 car lengths) behind the preceding entry and regulate their speed accordingly.
Fax: (250) 385-1274 your contact person will be called 24 Hours before the parade to Be informed of your position number in the parade.